Department of Civil Engineering is visualized to have a forefront in imparting quality education to every student. The success of the department is amply reflected in the outstanding achievements of the students employed both abroad and within the country. Every success is due to the involvement of a well qualified and dedicated faculty member, motivating the efforts of the students to reach the goal with enthusiasm and good ethical values. The faculty members have contributed much over a period of time and have sincerely trained our budding engineers and their efforts are appreciated by the students' community as whole and they have occupied quite strategic responsibilities.
The students are encouraged to participate in various seminars, workshops & co curricular activities, which are organized by the college & department. There is a continuous internal evaluation of students through unit tests, internal assessments and quiz programs. The problems of students are solved to the extent possible as and when they arise. The attendance and progress reports are sent to the parents after every internal assessment tests. Special care is taken for the students whose performance is poor through counseling and extra classes. Every effort is made constantly to progress the results of students. The dedicated teaching faculty of the department emphasize on the practical application of the knowledge by conducting group discussions and technical trips every year.
The college has equally supported by providing state of the art laboratories were designed and applied for our student community, the hands on experience. Students are enriched with this technological knowledge and expertise in identified domains. From the time of its inception this branch has occupied and contributed remarkably and this department equally to be a part of nation building and creating ambiance to the new horizon. Placement assistant activities like Aptitude and Programming skills test (TEST ME), Placement Training, Group Discussions and Technical Quiz to update and help the students for the better Placements.
The Civil Engineering program dedicates itself to providing students with a set of skills, knowledge and attitudes that will permit its graduates to succeed and thrive as engineers and leaders. We assure that we will continue to deliver our best to serve the society and expect our students to pass on the skills that they have developed during their interaction with the department.
Education Par Excellence
- To become a leading center of excellence in Civil Engineering education which will be highly recognized at national and international levels as well as contributing to the technology for the sustainable development of the society.
- To produce outstanding Civil Engineering graduates with highest ethics.
- The Department aims in imparting strong basic and applied research for national needs to serve Industry, Profession and community through novel solutions.
- Head of Department
- Dr. Narasimha Murthy M S
- Courses & Intake
- B.E in Civil Engineering = 60
- No. of Faculty
- Dr. Nagaraja Gupta M SB.E, M.E, MBA, Ph.DProfessor & Head
- Dr. Shashi Shekar T RB.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.DProfessor
- Dr. Radhika K NB.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.DProfessor
- Ashwini GB.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D)Associate Professor
- Mamatha A B.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D)Associate Professor
- Arun Kumar H RB.E, M.TechAssociate Professor
- Geetha KB.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D)Associate Professor
- Aruna T B.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D)Associate Professor
- Chandisha E VB.E, M.TechAssociate Professor
- Vijay Kumar D B.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Harish C B.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Shilpa B SB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Sreedevi RB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- B K SmithaB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Mohan KB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Usha K N B.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Tejaswini M SB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Smitha Gowda M SB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Mamathashree K SB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Kiran B.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Shruthi D CB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Rashmi M DB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Kumuda VB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Nalina KB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Kavya S NB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- ThyagarajB.E, M.TechAssistant Professor
- Basic Materials Testing Laboratory
- Survey Practices Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machine
- Applied Engineering Laboratory
- Basic Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
- Concrete & Highway Materials Testing Laboratory
- Software Application Laboratory
- Extensive Survey Project
- Structural Detailing Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory